Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - 1:30pm
Geri-Fit® is a 45-minute evidence based strength training exercise class for older adults.
Most of the bodybuilding exercises are performed seated in chairs with a set of light dumbbell weights. As you become stronger, you can advance to using heavier dumbbells in order to challenge yourself even more.
There’s no dancing, aerobics, or choreography to learn and you never have to get on the floor. Enrollment is open to older adults 50+. All fitness levels are welcome… Simply work out at your own pace! Instructors will adapt exercises to each individual limitations.
* Pre and post balance testing will be performed on each participant.
• Increase Muscular Strength
• Improve Balance and Coordination
• Boost Motor Skills and Reaction Time
• Enhance Flexibility and Gait
• Lessen Arthritic Conditions
• Manage Chronic Disease
Partially funded by a grant from the Findlay-Hancock County Community Foundation
*Must be a 50 North Fitness & Wellness Center Member